A beach vacation should not necessarily be expensive. After all expensive not always mean having a good time. There are plenty of affordable beach vacation spots around the world, which offer as much fun as any other beach preferred by the rich and famous, and that too without burning a hole in your pocket. Interested?
Here are top 10 beach vacation spots for that fun loving, memorable beach holiday that you wanted to do for a long time:
1. Cannon Beach makes for a great beach vacation. Stretched over nine miles, it is among the quaintest beaches of Oregon. There is plenty to do as you can take a stroll, watch diverse wildlife in its natural habitat and if you are here in June, participate in the annual sand castle building contest. In July, the city hosts Fourth of July Parade.
2. Placencia is about about three-and-a-half hour drive south of Belize City. A few years back, it was nothing more than a sleepy fishing village, but today, Placencia has emerged as an increasingly popular eco-destination on the Caribbean. Kayaking, hiking through mountainous rain forests,deep sea fishing, diving and exploring Mayan ruins are some of the activities that one can enjoy here.
3. Tulum, on the southern edge of Mexico’s Riviera Maya has a relaxed feel to it. One can enjoy traditional Mayan massage and spa treatments. It is among the few beach sites, which has eclectic mix of beach, archaeology (ancient ruins) and village.
4. Morro de São Paulo is as beautiful and exciting as it is to get here. The only way to reach this car free island in Brazil is either by by air (through one of the two airstrips), or by sea. Once there, soak in the vibrancy and exotic feel of the place.
5. Puerto Viejo de Talamanca in south-eastern Costa Rica is quite popular among surfers. Snorkelling, kayaking and diving in the calmer waters of Cahuita or Manzanillo are other activities that one can try. You can also rent a bike to explore the area.
6. Huntington Beach can truly be called the Surf City of USA. Warm climate and year-round sun make for an excellent setting for outdoor activities. Volleyball by the Pier, beach bonfire and biking along the Ocean Strand are some of the activities travelers can enjoy.
7. Outer Banks beaches, time and again, have been featured in a number of best beaches list including Coastal Living Magazine’s list, and world renowned beach expert “Dr. Beach’s” annual round-up of best American beaches. And that in a way summarizes Outer Banks for you.
8. Negril in Jamaica is popular for its long white pristine beaches. It is easy to get mesmerized by the beauty that lay strewn around. It is among the finest beaches in Jamaica wherein you can soak up the sun, sand and spirit of Jamaica.
9. Cape Ann, 30 miles from Boston Logan Airport is home to fishermen, artists, merchants and writers. Named after England’s Queen Ann, the picturesque Cape Ann makes for a beautiful beach vacation spot.
10. Destin, popularly called the Emerald Coast City, will woo you with its stunning white beaches and emerald-colored waters. Located in north-west Florida, Destin beaches are great for long leisurely walks and equally good for kids to run around or make castles on the beach.